Tired of that stubborn fat? Can’t get rid of it even after regular workouts? Crash dieting might make you sick or give you those painful ulcers as well. But have you heard about the ketogenic diet (also called keto)?
There’s a recent hype about this particular diet, especially amongst the young generation. But what is the keto diet? Some people reading this might already be following that diet-plan. This article will answer all your questions as much as possible. So, go on and know all about the ketogenic diet weight loss.
Fat burns as fuel!
Well, everybody knows that the body burns carbohydrates (glucose) as fuel to produce energy. Now, what is keto diet; well, it is low-carb and high-fat where fat is burnt as fuel instead of glucose for energy production. The drastic reduction in carb-intake instigates a state of metabolism called ketosis. In this particular condition, the body becomes super-efficient in burning fat and also starts transforming fat bodies into ketones inside the liver which acts as an energy source for the brain.
Types of ketogenic diets:
- Standard (SKD): It’s a high-fat, very low-carb and moderate protein diet. The composition should be 70% fat, 25% protein and just 5 % carbohydrates approximately.
- High-protein (HKD): It’s pretty similar to the previous one but as the name suggests it contains more amount of protein. The components are slightly different where fat content should be 58%, Protein 37% and carbs 5% only.
- Targeted ketogenic diet: It includes changing the carb contents with short workout sessions. The fat and protein intake remains the same.
- Cyclical (CKD): This one involves a term break with carbohydrate re-consumption like 4 days of keto diet followed by 3 days of moderate carb-consumption again followed by the keto plan.
Take a look at the benefits
Here are the top benefits which will explain what is keto doing to your body? These benefits will also tell how it helps one to maintain a healthy lifestyle!
- Shed-off that stubborn fat.
- Say goodbye to acne.
- Improves the health of your heart.
- Might help in controlling epilepsy in some cases.
- Increases your metabolism at a booming rate.
- Beneficial for type 2 diabetic patients to control blood sugar levels.
- A ketogenic diet can also increase hormonal balance thus efficiently helping women with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome).
- Boosts one’s mood as well as helps in staying stress-free and happy.
Do you know?
What is keto diet mainly popular for? It suppresses one’s appetite which makes it ideal for weight loss! Well, apart from that, a lot of celebrities have also been endorsing this particular diet-plan due to the positive results they have achieved. So, one can eat fat without gaining fat! How interesting is that, isn’t it?
Which foods should be your BFF during this period?
- Butter and cream but light-weight.
- Low-carb veggies.
- Fishes like Tuna, Trout, and Salmon.
- Meat: Sausages, steaks, bacon, chicken, and turkey.
- Nuts like almonds, flax seeds, walnuts, and others,
- Unprocessed cheddar cheese.
- Avocado oil, extra virgin olive oil, and coconut oil to some extent.
- Whole eggs for ketosis diet.
- Herbs and spices like pepper, rosemary, and others.
Follow these rules:
- Say no to all fruits except a few berries.
- Goodbye sugary foods.
- Avoid alcohol consumption to maintain the state of ketosis.
- Please forget potatoes and carrots
- No more diet-coke or any form of beverages.
- Avoid sauces and ketchup as well.
Want some healthy keto snacks?
Sometimes one might get hungry in between the keto diet meals. I will indulge you in some exciting ketogenic recipes for snacks. So keep reading further.
- Dark chocolate bombs: all you need to do is mix some light butter with fresh cream, cocoa powder, milk and dark chocolate cubes. Pour the mixture in an ice tray and freeze them. You are right to go on and chew some chocolate cubes whenever you feel hungry during a ketogenic diet weight loss
- Make your ketosis diet bread: for the batter, one needs to mix lots of almond flour with eggs, apple cider vinegar, butter-lite and baking soda. Then bake like regular bread, and the keto-bread is ready!
- Avocado filled devils for a ketogenic diet: Boil the eggs, cut them in two halves, scoop out the yolk mash it and mix it with boiled avocadoes, garnish with herbs and spices and then re-fill the mixture into the cut-out eggs. Store them in the refrigerator for one or two days or consume fresh.
- Cheddar loaded cauliflower mash: Boil some cauliflowers quickly, let it cool and then mash them. Add some extra cheddar cheese, along with sour cream, and pepper as well as some paprika and rosemary. For that extra bounce and flavour, one can also add bacon. Mix all the ingredients and eat up the easy cheesy snack to boost your ketosis weight loss
So, these ketogenic recipes will push away the boredom which might be acquired during a ketogenic diet weight loss strategy.
Gain some extra tips!
Let’s gaze at some quick tricks and tips to enhance the weight loss program and to lose more calories.
- Keep boosting your water intake
- Be smart to control consumption of liquor during ketosis weight loss.
- Analyze your low carb-limit! Eat according to your body requirements.
- Do not forget to consume fat. Unlike other weight loss programs, this requires one to intake fat along with protein.
- Last but not the least, please be patient. Everything requires a specific period to show results. Remember that!
- What is keto doing to my muscles?
Nothing bad! A ketogenic diet plan doesn’t harm one’s muscles; instead, the high protein content might help in developing a slim shape as well.
- Why does my urine smell fruity?
Do not panic! This is just due to the elimination of by-products during that diet plan!
- What is the keto diet doing to digestion?
Some people might face issues with digestion, but that is nothing to worry about. All you need to do is take some magnesium supplements and eat some extra veggies to avoid constipation.
That was all about the modernised ketogenic diet! One should try it to acquire some quick weight loss and maintain a healthy lifestyle. But, it’s imperative to consult a doctor before starting the diet plan. The doctor will explain to you what is keto doing to your body for losing those extra pounds.